Purchase Advantage powered by CAFA is a unique program to jump-start Louisiana homeownership through the benefit of a non-repayable homebuyers grant of up to 4% of the original mortgage amount to eligible homebuyer families in eligible parishes. The non-repayable grant is provided by Capital Area Finance Authority (CAFA). A large component and key feature of this program is the Freddie Mac Conventional Housing Finance Agency (“HFA”) Loan Product which is offered exclusively through HFAs such as CAFA.
- More than 30 authorized Louisiana parishes are eligible for the Purchase Advantage home ownership grant program *
- Income limits to determine eligibility vary by parish and scenario, sometimes resulting in no income limits *
- Eligible for primary residence only
- Eligible for first time homebuyer or repeat buyer
Benefits of Purchase Advantage
- Non-repayable homebuyers grant up to 4% of the original mortgage amount
- Options to use grant towards down payment, closing costs, etc.
- 30 year Fixed Rate
Eligible Louisiana Parishes
Acadia, Allen, Ascension, Assumption, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Evangeline, Franklin, Iberia, Iberville, Jackson, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Lafayette, Lafourche, Livingston, Madison, Ouachita, Point Coupee, St. Bernard, St. Helena, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, Vermillion, Washington, West Baton Rouge, and West Feliciana.
* The percent of downpayment assistance offered is dependent on the interest rate selected by the borrower. Approved parishes and income limits are established by CAFA and subject to change.